Clearinghouse Call-in Center
Need Help? LOVE Listens! Volunteers listen to your story through a guided interview that may take up to 30 to 45 minutes, as they discuss your situation and discover possible short-term and long-term solutions. You will be connected with local community services and programs that will address your needs and help you move forward with your life!
When leaving a message, please leave:
- your name,
- your phone number,
- the town you live in
- what type of help or resources you are looking for
INFORMATION AND REFERRALS: The call-in center services include providing you with information about community resources that may help in your particular situation. Volunteers will provide you with contact info and details about services to help you get started. LOVE's database of resources includes information about local food pantries, shelter locations, transportation options, child care facilities, budget counseling options, employment opportunities, job skills training to improve your marketability, plus many more of the county's local services.
HOMELESS PREVENTION SERVICES are also available. Financial assistance may be available to working families experiencing a temporary financial set-back. Here are some of the eligibility guidelines for financial assistance; call LOVE for more details:1. Rental Assistance:
- Only the current month's rent is due.
- You must have income and the ability to pay the rent next month
- A copy of the lease and income pay stubs must be provided
- You must use the car to get to work with proof of employment
- You must have a current driver's license and car insurance
- A copy of the estimate is required
- You must have income and the ability to pay your bill next month
- A copy of the utlity bill must be provided.
- Only the current month's payment is due